Here is a recipe for a summer heirloom tomato tart, made with puff pastry, goat cheese, beautiful heirloom tomatoes, and topped with za’atar spice. This za’atar heirloom tomato tart is a celebration of summer and so beautiful! The za’atar adds herby, salty flavors on top of the tart tomato, tangy goat cheese, and flaky, sweet puff pastry.
When heirloom tomatoes start to come around at the farmer’s market, my mind goes wild trying to think of all the things to do with them. I’m sure tomatoes would be great with my peach burrata salad. They’re also good by themselves with just good olive oil and salt! Here, the secret ingredient here is za’atar on top of the tomatoes! it’s really yummy – herby, salty, and seedy. balances out the tomato flavors perfectly.
This recipe can be really freestyled how you want. I used goat cheese but you could also use labneh. What i did was make the puff pastry according to directions, top with goat cheese, top with tomatoes, and add seasoning.
This recipe was also made in partnership with Square Meal Round Table to do a tomato-themed recipe day – check out more tomato recipe links below!Print
- 1/2 sheet of puff pastry
- 6 oz of goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of za’atar
- Defrost the puff pastry according to instructions, and when thawed, roll out into an 8×8 square on a piece of parchment paper. fold over the edges to give a little barrier crust to the tart. put back in the fridge while you preheat the oven to 350.
- when oven is ready, place dough on top of parchment paper on a baking sheet, and use pie weights on top of the dough to prevent it puffing up too much.
- bake for 25 minutes, until nice and brown. let cool.
- whip the goat cheese with a teaspoon of olive oil to thin it out, and spread over cooled puff pastry
- slice and place tomatoes on top artfully
- top with za’atar
Keywords: Tomato tart, heirloom tomato tart, za’atar, summer tomato recipe
Other recipes to check out!!