this is a summer tomato-feta salad recipe that uses peak tomatoes, gorgeous feta, and preserved lemon as an unexpected flavor to combine into a lovely, refreshing salad. this summer tomato-feta salad is a recipe for one, but can definitely be scaled up — or not! it’s totally okay to not share this recipe. make this summer tomato-feta salad with tomatoes from the farmer’s market!!
Why this is the best summer tomato and feta salad recipe
- Fresh tomatoes don’t need much.
- Good tomatoes, fresh feta, and homemade preserved lemon are the perfect companions.
How to make a summer tomato salad, step by step
- Chop a few heirloom tomatoes into quarters, and then each quarter into thirds, so you have evenly sliced tomatoes.
- Chop feta — I like sheep’s milk feta — into 1/4″ cubes.
- Slice 1 tablespoon of preserved lemon into a mince.
- Chiffonade basil – which means, you take each leaf, roll it up like a cigar, then chop very finely vertically, so it forms long strips of basil.
- Combine all the above with flaky salt and good olive oil.
What seasoning does a tomato need?
- Make tomato salad with just a sprinkling of flaky salt + pepper and good olive oil – it doesn’t need extra acid added.
Tips for making a really good summer tomato-feta salad
- Use the best tomatoes you can find, from the farmer’s market ideally.
- I like sheep’s milk feta more than regular feta!
- If you don’t have preserved lemon, just do a squeeze of lemon at the end.
- Taste and season as you go.
- Add tuna at the end for a protein-packed, seasonal summer lunch!
Check out these other tomato recipe ideas:Print
simple summery tomato salad forone
- 1 big heirloom tomato
- 1 oz of nice feta
- 1/4 preserved lemon
- 3–4 basil leaves
- olive oil + vinegar + salt
- Chop tomatoes/feta/lemon, chiffonade basil. combine
- drizzle with oo + v + s
Keywords: Summer salad, tomato feta salad, heirloom tomato salad, summer tomato salad