This roasted salmon, kale, and lemon potatoes dish with green goddess dressing recipe is a deceptively delicious and Whole30, paleo, and AIP friendly. It’s a perfect healthy dinner party menu! This entree is loaded with protein, healthy fats, anti-inflammatory greens.
The menu comprises a few of my favorite standby recipes. first, the Greek lemon potatoes. these potatoes are slow roasted and smothered in lemon juice, olive oil, vermouth or chicken broth, lemon zest, garlic, and oregano. they’re incredibly flavorful. no boring potatoes allowed here! they remind me of the Greek lemon potatoes from Le Petit Greek on Larchmont in LA.
Second, the roasted kale and salmon. I think roasting salmon is the most fool-proof way to cook it, and roasting the kale for 10 minutes alongside the salmon gives it a texture that is like.. a third of the way to kale chips. crunchy but still soft. fish should be slightly pink when it’s done — you don’t want to overcook it and make the fish tough, especially after you spent all that money on it.
Third, the green goddess dressing. I’m a huge believer in making your own creamy dressings and dips — like this jalapeno ranch dressing, this lemon beet hummus, or this green tahini dip – because creamy dressings aren’t hard to make and they’re way healthier when you DIY them at home. serious!
So, in conclusion — this roasted salmon, kale, and lemon potatoes with green goddess dressing – is the healthy dinner party menu of your dreams. Looking for a healthy-ish dessert to go with this menu? Try my any-fruit-you want cobbler recipe!Print
here’s a healthy dinner party menu for a clean-eating dinner party that is protein packed, feels light, and is anti-inflammatory, while also being perfect for a crowd.
Greek Lemon Potatoes
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of vermouth or chicken broth for whole30/paleo
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 4 or 5 medium waxy potatoes, cut into wedges
Roasted Kale and Salmon
- 1 lb of salmon
- 1 head of lacinato kale
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- kosher salt
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 1/2 cup each of tarragon, chives, and parsley
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- about 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Potatoes will take the longest – so start those first. in a bowl, combine the olive oil, vermouth/broth, garlic, lemon, oregano, salt & pepper; in a casserole dish, pour the liquid over the potato wedges. Set a timer for the potatoes for 80 minutes. (Yes really). Check halfway through at stir the potatoes so they’re evenly coated w/ the liquid.
- Prep the kale & salmon. Remove the ribs from the kale and chop roughly. on a baking dish, toss the kale with a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper, and red pepper flakes. place the salmon on top of kale.
- When the timer for the potatoes goes off, take those out and put the salmon in for 10 minutes while the potatoes cool slightly.
- While the salmon/kale are roasting, make the green goddess dressing by combining all ingredients in a food processor and combining.
- Take out the salmon — should be still slightly pink the middle after 9/10 minutes in the oven.
- Plate and serve
1 serving of potatoes (4 wedges) is 6 SmartPoints; 1 serving of salmon and kale (4 oz salmon, 1/2 cup of kale) is 0 SmartPoints; 1 serving of Green Goddess dressing (2 tablespoons) is 3 SmartPoints. The whole meal is 9 SmartPoints!
Keywords: Roasted salmon, roasted kale, greek lemon potatoes, healthy dinner, healthy dinner party menu