here is a completely easy Panzanella recipe that is all about seasonal, farmer’s market produce. with heirloom tomatoes and crusty bread, some cucumber, herbs, and a little burrata on top, this summer Panzanella will make your heart sing.
this recipe is very much inspired by the Panzanella at the La Brea Bakery Cafe in LA.
i got a bunch of tomatoes at the farmer’s market last week so that’s why there are so many tomato centric recipes this week. here are a few other tomato recipes I’ve done this month – a tomato tart, as well as a tomato vodka sauce – all made with gorgeous heirloom tomatoes. and here’s a tomato salad that has preserved lemon and feta.
a summer, heirloom tomato panzanella inspired by the La Brea Bakery Cafe in LA!
- 2 heirloom tomato – choose pretty colorful ones! – roughly chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers, roughly chopped
- a handful of herbs – mint, tarragon, basil – anything you want
- day old bread – 1 or 2 slices of ciabatta or french baguette – roughly chopped
- 1 blob of burrata
- olive oil and apple cider vinegar
- flaky sea salt
- chop the tomatoes and cucumbers roughly
- plate and top with crusty bread
- top with herbs
- finish with olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper!
Keywords: Panzanella, farmers market, heirloom tomatoes, seasonal recipes, seasonal produce, farmer's market