here is a recipe for a citrusy, herby drink that can be made with or without booze. this kombucha cocktail with orange and rosemary is lovely and refreshing!
when it comes to treating myself, i love an herby cocktail. in seattle, where i used to live, there are a number of really amazing cocktail bars that have bartenders making the most adventurous, creative cocktails. you just have to say – i like gin and herbs, and they’ll make you something on the spot.
at home, on friday nights, inspired by those creative bartenders, i love to make myself a single cocktail as a way to wind down from the week. as such, a recent discovery of mine has been kombucha cocktails; kombucha lends a bubbly, tart flavor, and is great in any recipe that calls for ginger ale or soda water — just substitute directly for that mixer. this kombucha cocktail is can scale up and serve as many people as you’d like!
for other mocktails for your dry january – check out this lime-mint-pomegranate drink!Print
fresh and not-too-sweet cocktail – or mocktail!
- 1 orange
- 1 sprig of rosemary, cut in half
- 3–4 ounces of kombucha – your choice of flavor! i like original or ginger
- 1.5 ounces of vodka, gin, whiskey or bourbon – your choice!
- cut the orange in rounds and then quarter each round.
- for each cocktail you want to make, muddle a quarter of the round with a few rosemary leafs in the bottom of a tumbler.
- add in ice, then your spirit of choice – if you want! this could even be a mocktail. top with kombucha and garnish with another quarter of orange + the rosemary spring.