Y’all. I’m sure there are a billion cornbread recipes out there but I just had this cornbread at a lunch hosted by the Husbands That Cook and I am shooketh. This is a moist cornbread recipe; it has a tight crumb and isn’t some crumbly waste-of-time BS cornbread. This is truly life-changing cornbread.
This cornbread veers more towards spoon-bread territory than your regular old lame crumbly dusty-ass cornbread. It’s tender, creamy, and not-too-sweet.
I imagine it would be really good with some whipped butter on top, but I went with a drizzle of manuka honey and a hit of flakey salt (obvs).
how to make the perfect corn breadPrint
- 1/2 cup (69 grams) yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (105 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (66 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 ounce can of creamed corn
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter
- baking spray
1. Pre heat the oven to 350F.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together
3. Add in the wet ingredients and mix to *just* combine
4. Pour into a greased pan – either a 9″ skillet or a 9″ square pan — and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
5. Enjoy plain or with honey + salt on top!
Keywords: Corn bread, life changing cornbread, moist cornbread