This cherry pudding cake is a mashup between a cake, a spoon bread, and a buckle. It’s tender on the outside, and quite soft in the middle (by design!). It’s also made with fresh cherries – this easy cherry cake comes together quickly and is a great cherry dessert idea.
What’s your favorite cherry dessert to make in the summertime?
This cherry pudding cake is soft where it counts, with a little structure around the edges. And it’s really good with ice cream!
How to make a cherry pudding cakePrint
This cherry pudding cake is a mashup between a cake, a spoon bread, and a buckle. It’s tender on the outside, and quite soft in the middle. Made with fresh cherries – this easy cherry cake comes together quickly and is a great cherry dessert idea.
- 1 lb of fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 lemon’s juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided in half
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Prepare to bake. Preheat oven to 375F. Pit 1 lb of cherries and combine with the juice of 1 lemon, and 1 cup of sugar.
- Combine the ingredients. In a bowl, combine flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, milk, and oil; pour into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. In a bowl, combine cherries, extract and remaining sugar; spoon over batter.
- Bake and finish. Put the baking dish into the oven at 375F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream!
Keywords: cherry cake, cherry pudding, cherry cobbler, cherry buckle,