is it just me other is everything bagel spice having a serious moment? everything bagel spice is a mix of sesame seeds, caraway seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion and salt — it’s a crunchy and salty mixture that is delish on almost everything. seasoning this easy simple pull-apart bread is a fun and amazingly delicious breakfast bread. this pull apart bread recipe can be used as a base for other seasonings, too!
who doesn’t love everything bagel spice?
i’m currently obsessed with it. everything bagels… everything popcorn. give it all to me!
the inspo behind this everything bagel spice pull apart bread
i came up with this idea to put everything bagel spice in a pull apart bread bc i love how interactive and fun pull apart breads are. and everything bagel spice really adds some good spice notes against the yeasty bread!
how to make pull-apart bread with everything bagel spice
for this bread, you’re going to make a standard yeasty dough, and then shape it into circles, fill with it a butter-spice mixture, and the top it with more spices to just go all in. couple of notes:
imade this twice, and ido think it tastes better with the usage of potato flour in it. it makes the bread a little softer and a little less fresh yeasty. but if you don’t have potato flour, it’s ok – just use a little more flour.
- keep this dough recipe handy, and you can use it with a
cinamon-sugar mixture to make a sweet pull apart bread!
a to die for recipe for pull apart bread with everything bagel spice all over! Includes a recipe for how to make everything bagel spice at home
Pull apart bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast or active dry yeast
- 4 1/2 to 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons potato flour
- For the filling: 2 sticks of butter, softened, and 3 tablespoons of everything bagel spice – Trader Joe’s sells it, or below is a recipe is you need it
- More everything bagel spice for on top
Everything bagel spice
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon flaky sea salt
- Make the dough. In a microwave, warm up the milk by microwaving it for about 30-60 seconds, until it’s warm to the touch but not scalding hot. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, pour in milk and add in butter, and mix it a little so the butter melts. Add the sugar and salt and let it cool slightly, then add your eggs, yeast, potato flour, and all-purpose flour. Starting on low speed, use the dough hook to mix together all the ingredients until the dough is taut and smooth, like a baby’s bottom. Let it rise in a warm place (about 75F) until it doubles in size, about 1 hour. A good way to quickly check to see if your dough is ready is to press it with your finger. If the indentation remains without springing back, it’s ready to go.
- Prepare the pull apart bread. Roll your dough 1/2” thick. Using an English muffin ring, large biscuit cutter, or wide-mouth Mason jar lid, cut circles out of the dough. Mix together the softened butter + 3 Ts of everything bagel spice, and spread about a 1/2 tsp on each circle of dough. fold each circle in half and line a loaf pan with the semi-circles round side up. Press each folded circle into the pan until it’s full. Then cover it loosely with plastic wrap and let it rise for about 30 minutes, or until puffy. Add more everything bagel spice on top for good measure.
- Bake. When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the loaf for 22 to 24 minutes. It should be golden brown all over. Enjoy that day and it’s really good with some cream cheese on top!
Keywords: everything bagel spice recipe, pull apart bread, baking with everything bagel spice
PS: you can also make these into muffins! just squish the rounds into a muffin tin and bake for 22-25 minutes. voila!