- 6 cups of bread flour
- 2 cups of beer (any works great! pale ale, lager, whatever)
- 1 tablespoon of instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 cups of shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- Whisk together dry ingredients – your bread flour, salt, instant yeast – in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough attachment.
- With the engine running, pour in your wet ingredients – melted butter, honey, and 2 cups of room temperature beer. A hoppy beer is great here!
- Let it mix for a minute until the dough is all coming together, then add in the grated cheddar cheese. Mix for a few seconds more so it all combines.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand mixer and cover with a kitchen towel; let it rise for 1 hour. (If your dough isn’t rising, see the pro tips section for help.)
- Butter a large skillet. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and divide into 12 even portions, and form each portion into a ball. Place each dough ball into the skillet as uniformly as possible.
- Let the dough rise again for another 30 minutes, and while it’s rising, preheat the oven to 400F.
- Brush egg wash over the puffy dough balls and sprinkle more cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and dough is brown on top.
- Let them cool down for 10 minutes and then serve!!!
Keywords: cheddar beer rolls, cheddar dinner rolls, homemade dinner roll recipe, easy dinner roll recipe